MAY 7 – 14, 2016: Tuscany Yoga Retreat with Heidi Ulrich
Going on a retreat is a wonderful way of deepening your yoga practice.
Join Heidi Ulrich for a week of yoga, Italian food, spectacular scenery and sightseeing and experience the “dolce vita” in one of the most beautiful areas of the world! Two yoga practices daily. An invigorating morning flow and a quiet yin style practice in the late afternoon. This retreat offers you the perfect opportunity to deepen your practice or experience yoga for the first time with like minded people.
We will be staying at IL BORGHINO, a beautiful secluded setting in a hill top position with magnificent views overlooking forests, vineyards, olive groves and mountains in the distance. For those interested, there will be half day and full day outings to fabulous destinations, designed to give you a tase of Tuscany and the local culture.
Local massage therapists will be available on site, a turkish sauna,hiking, wine tasting, a Puccini opera in Lucca, a bike ride along a scenic river, we can even orgainize an italian cooking class with Il Borghino’s local cook, Maria-Angela! Or, if you prefer, just relaxing and soaking up the beautiful Tuscan surroundings.
About Heidi Ulrich
My yoga practice began 15 years ago, after the birth of my twins, who arrived shortly after my first born. I instantly realised that I had found a remarkable tool to help me stay calm, focused, energized and fit, as I coped with bringing up three small children. This was the beginning of my yoga journey and it continues to this day.
Coming from the dance world, I have always been passionate about working with the body, continually impressed by what it can do, but also very aware of the importance of respecting and taking care of it. My yoga practice is an integral part of my life and teaching yoga and sharing the benefits of yoga with others is an honor and something I take with great respect. I teach with an emphasis on alignment and breath and my aim is to try to help each and every one of my students reach their full potential, through encouragement and compassion.
I received my teacher training in Thailand (Absolute Yoga, 200hrs RYA ) and was fortunate to learn this empowering series from the people who created it. I am thrilled that so many people, especially beginners, have tried this relatively new form of yoga. It is their enthusiasm and support that has encouraged me to expand a yoga style that I truly believe to be transformational.
You can find more information about Heidi on her website www.yogamovesnyon.ch
Room Type 1 – €1,375 EUR Twin share room (two single beds) with shared bathroom (i.e 4 people sharing one bathroom)
Room Type 2 – €1,550 EUR Twin share room (two single beds) with private bathroom (i.e 2 people sharing one bathroom)
Room Type 3 – €1,600 EUR Single room (single bed) with private bathroom (i.e 1 person sharing one bathroom) Limited availability
Room Type 4 – €1,600 EUR Twin share room (double bed) with private bathroom (i.e 2 people sharing one bathroom) Limited availability
A non-refundable deposit of EUR 300 is requested at time of booking and will secure your spot in the retreat.
For more information or if you have any questions please email Heidi on email@example.com
- 7 nights accommodation
- Twice daily yoga classes
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals per day (excluding one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided)
- Fresh detox juice at breakfast
- Unlimited fruit, water and herbal teas
- Wine (produced at the estate) at dinner
- Aperitivo with Prosecco, and pizza baked in wood-fired oven on last night
- Use of salt-water swimming pool (without heating)
- Guided hike
- Use of Wi-Fi (in common room only)
- Use of laundry facilities
- Transfer to/from Lucca (one scheduled pcik-up and drop off only)
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Optional excursions
- Optional Massages and Healing Arts Therapies
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.