SEPTEMBER 19 – 26, 2020 | LA DOLCE VITA: YOGA RETREAT IN TUSCANY WITH TIFFANY + TYLER CAGWIN
“Your practice is a journey, an evolution, a vehicle for self-discovery and it is uniquely your own.”
Join Tiffany and Tyler for a week of La Dolce Vita, which means “the sweet life”. The week will be filled with yoga, exploration, delicious food & wine and relaxation in the idyllic Tuscan countryside of Italy.
Literally meaning “small village”, Il Borghino offers a secluded retreat center set in a hill top position with magnificent views overlooking forests, vineyards, olive groves and mountains in the distance. Built with wood beamed ceilings, stone, terracotta and marble – each bedroom has a gorgeous view of the Tuscan countryside. The estate is booked solely for our group of travelers and includes an outdoor salt-water pool, large communal living areas, a steam room and much more.
The centre is ideally located 15 minutes from Lucca, 35 minutes from Pisa, 1.5 hrs from Florence and 1.5 hrs from the breathtaking Cinque Terre region, making it the perfect base to explore Tuscany and Liguria.
You will nourish mind, body & soul during this very special retreat in Italy! We will offer two yoga classes a day with the exception of Wednesday which is set aside for an all day adventure for the whole group. You can expect the morning class to be a more active vinyasa style class with alignment focused work and the afternoon class to be a more gentle, restorative & yin style class with plenty of pranayama.
We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with Manduka mats, bolsters, blankets and straps as well as a stunning outdoor yoga shala set amongst vineyards and olive trees. With incredible views to the surrounding country side and the valley below, this is the perfect space to practice our sunset restorative yoga sessions.
Included in your retreat are an all day excursion to the breathtaking Cinque Terre region, a wine tasting excursion and a fun a bike & walking cultural tour of Lucca.
Other optional activities
There are also other additional excursions available during your retreat – you can sign up when you arrive! Some examples include a night at the opera (Puccini was born in Lucca), a Tuscan cooking class, a visit to a thermal spa and more! For our adventurers who enjoy being solo, you will have as much free-time as your heart desires to lounge by the pool, journal, and explore on your own.
About Tiffany Cagwin
Founder and Owner of O Yoga Studios.
O Yoga was founded to provide a welcoming place where people at all stages of the yoga practice feel safe to come explore, learn and grow together.
Tiffany came across Yoga by chance, after it was recommended to her while in hospital having her first child. She undertook her teacher training at the Himalayan Institute and eventually decided to open her own studio in Syracuse.
Throughout her entire journey, Tiffany’s aim has been to show people that yoga can be for everyone.
More details about Tiffany at theoyogastudio.com
Daily yoga including use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors.
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch and one dinner out.
- Wine Tasting Tour (this is a scenic walking excursion)
- Cinque Terre Day Trip – explore the five coastal villages embedded in rocky cliffs along one of Italy’s most scenic stretches of Liguria
- Bike and Walking cultural tour of Lucca, a medieval walled town
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day
- Last night celebratory dinner with Prosecco and Pizza using the wood-fired pizza over at Il Borghino
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only).
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal living areas
- Use of the steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Travel Insurance
- Airport transfers or transfers outside the scheduled pick-up and drop-off*
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals out
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Optional massages and holistic treatments
- Other travel related expenses
- Gratuities you might like to offer drivers, guides and center staff
- Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type 1: Twin room / 2 beds + shared hallway bathroom (2 guests per room)
$2100 USD per person
Room Type 2: Twin room / 2 single beds + private bathroom (2 guests per room, beds can be converted to double bed for couples)
$2450 USD per person
Room Type 3: Twin room / Double bed + private bathroom (2 guests per room – best suited to couples)
$2450 USD per person
Room Type 4: Private Room + Private Bathroom (1 guest per room)
$2850 per person
Terms and Conditions
A $650 non-refundable deposit per person is required to reserve a space.
*Please note: for shared occupancy rooms, you can let us know your roommate(s) selection or we can assign one for you.
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Tiffany at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.